Following these tips can provide you with immediate results but if it doesn't remember that traffic grows over time. If you keep doing these things on a regular basis you will see traffic to your blog grow on a consistent basis.
1. Blog commenting, link exchange, Guest posting - Making insightful Comments on other blogs that are relevant to yours can bring in a good amount of Blog traffic. Also Ask other bloggers to exchange blog roll links, This is win win situation for all parties because you will gain traffic from your counter parts' blog. You can ask to do a guest post on an established blog in your field. If the blogger agrees and you write an insightful post, that can help boost your credibility and provide excellent blog traffic to your blog.
2. Write Articles - If you're blogging consistently then it shouldn't be hard to combine two post and make an effective article. Take the time to craft your Author Bio box by giving a little bit of information about yourself then encouraging people to visit your blog by letting them know that you have more useful content on your blog. Submit articles regularly to maximize your blog traffic effort.
3. Post Regularly - Its important to post regularly to keep your reader's happy when they come back for more. The search engines love new content so when you post consistently and establish yourself you can improve your search engine rankings.
4. Ping after you make a post or update - "Pinging" sends a message to blogging servers that you've updated your blog, and most blogging platforms have lists of these servers built in. This lets the search engine know that your blog has been updated.
5. Forum Participation - Participating in forums relevant to your blog can generate some good blog traffic. Most forums allow you to put your URL in the signature of your posts. You should concentrate on providing useful content but don't be afraid to ask questions and learn more. People will check your blog if you participate properly in a forum.
6.Yahoo! answers and Google groups - Find topics relevant to your blog and answer questions that people may have to the best of your abilities. Leave a link and let others know that they can find out more at your blog.
7. Social Networking - Sites such as MySpace and Facebook provide opportunities for social networking. By interacting with those communities that are relevant to your blog on a regular basis, you can build relationships with other people that might be interested in reading your blog.
8. Submit your RSS Feeds - Most people just let their RSS feed sit there on their new blogs but what you must do is submit your RSS feed URL to as many RSS directories as possible. Therefore, when you post new content on your blog, this is syndicated to your RSS feed and the directories display your most recent posts. Its a great way of getting exposure and some blog traffic.
9. Viral Videos at YouTube - Posting interesting videos with links back to your blog is a great way to bring in traffic especially if your videos become viral and it ends up getting many views. You don't have to sit in front of the camera and film yourself. Just as long as you are somehow communicating a message in which people would be interested to check your blog afterwards is fine enough.
10. Social Bookmarking - Social bookmarking sites are used for people to share their bookmarks or websites that they have liked with other people in their online community. Bookmarking is an easy way to improve blog ranking and get blog traffic, the more you do it the more you will be noticed. Don't overdue it though. For maximum result your blog should be bookmarked somewhere in all the major bookmarking engines, but having your entire blog booked in just a few can greatly increase blog traffic.
In conclusion 10 tips you can exercise to bring in blog traffic are blog commenting, link exchange, and guest posting. Writing informative articles and posting regularly on your blog and making sure to ping. Also Forum participation, Yahoo and Google groups, and social networking was discussed along with Submitting your RSS feeds, viral videos at YouTube, and social bookmarking. I hope this helps anybody looking to generate traffic to their blog.